*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

N.E.S.W. - South (Johor Bahru, Day 2)

>> Monday, December 21, 2009

Date: 7 - 8 November 2009, Saturday & Sunday
Venue: Johor Bahru, Johor
Occasion: Visitation to the youths in JB Wesley

I've been MIA for weeks, almost a month! It's been a crazy time for me since the last time I blogged. The national youth camp, YLDP2009 has just ended last weekend & oh boy, it was great fun, yet very tiring! As the chairperson of the camp committee, I was pretty much "mandated" full responsibility of how the camp goes on the overall. It was a great lesson for me to delegate & work with the rest of the fantastic team that I had :) Kudos to all committee members, helpers, & speakers of YLDP2009! Truly, to God be the glory :) Amidst all the planning for the camp & also for the session that I was to speak in, I had my office work to tie me down...this was another mad chapter of life in November 2009 'til now.

Every night, my project member, CR & I will have to work overtime just to get more things done. The whole project is under-staffed :( Only 2 fellas working full time on preparing the data & all things for almost 100 testers who will be testing on the system come 4th January!! *faints* Total madness. I'm dead tired.

*****
Anyways, for the last part of this JB trip, I'll only share on a not-too-bad place for lunch - Sedap Corner @ Pelangi Mall. Yau Voon from JB Wesley & the MYFers took us, the TRAC MYF committee, out for lunch. It was good food & good fellowship :)

Prices of food at this place is reasonable (just like the usual cafe prices), starting from around RM6.90 for a bowl of noodles/plate of rice. The food tastes quite delicious as well, so it's actually worth eating here. Apparently, this outlet at Pelangi Mall is just a branch & the food at the original Sedap Corner (Jalan Abdul Samad) tastes better :) If you have a chance to try, do let me know what you think about that place!


Sedap Corner at Pelangi Mall

Left: Langkawi Sunset (RM5.00/glass) & Sri Bayu (RM5.00/glass)
Langkawi Sunset is a combination of passion fruit, strawberry, & soda, while the Sri Bayu is a mixture of blue lime, passion fruit & soda.

Gooey "blue lime" mixture
The soda drinks reminded me of McDonald's Sprite + Blue Syrup when they had some launch for the Finding Nemo series...nothing much to shout about :P

Sedap Chicken Plate
Deep fried chicken with rice & curry. If I'm not mistaken, this platter costs less than RM10 & the chicken tastes not too bad (although it was a lil dry for the breast meat) :)

Roti Jala (around RM7.90/set)
Three pieces of roti jala with a generous bowl of chicken curry. The aunty who ordered this said that it was good :D

Nasi Briyani (around RM10.90/set)
Spice-fragrant rice with chili chicken & pickles. Those who had this said that it wasn't too bad...

Tom Yam Noodles (RM7.90/bowl)
I thought this was just nice :) It wasn't too spicy 'til you can't feel your tongue, nor was it too sour 'til your stomach cramps....hahaha...you'll find some fish cakes, onions, chicken pieces, & tomatoes in the tom yam (prawns as well, if I can recall correctly) in the appetizing noodle soup!

Nasi Goreng Kampung + Ayam Goreng (around RM9.90/set)

Sam said the rice was really spicy...too spicy for her liking. The fried chicken was too dry as well...

Crunchy Rubies (around RM4.50/serving)
I think that's the name, or if not, it's something rubies la...hahahaa...the youths love this. It's a mixture of coconut milk & pink syrup jelly.

On the overall, it's pretty good. Ah...what a trip. The JB trip was actually my last trip with TRAC MYF *sobs* I've stepped down from my position as Vice President 1 already. The new committee is up & I'm very sure the year ahead will be a very exciting one!


Sedap Corner Plaza Pelangi
Lot 5.03, 5th Floor
Tel: (+607) 335 7614
Website: Click here


Ratings:

Presentation: * * * 1/2
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2

Overall





- Ruth

2 comments:

Tailim December 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas to you

Ciki December 22, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

wallau.. makan2 non stop.. i like! keep the posts coming;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP