*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Melts in Your Mouth - Char Siew

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

Venue: Restoran Bee Hiong, Kuantan
Occasion: Lunch with friends from KL
Overall comment: So far, I have not come across any better "char siew" than this one!
Halal: No

If you're heading to Kuantan town around lunch time or you're in Kuantan & don't mind traveling further for some really, really good char siew that melts in your mouth, come by Bee Hiong & EAT HERE! Try not to pack/tapau as nothing beats eating it 'fresh'!





Come early...12pm is best! The char siew sells like hot cakes!



Oo-la-la...*drools*
Chef James said he has never tasted anything better than this! Can you see the 'shiny-glazed skin'? That's the special part about this char siew...it's barbecued with the skin! Really good la...



Map to Bee Hiong

View PerutBesi in a larger map


What are you waiting for?? Jom, makan char siew rice!! :D


Restoran Bee Hiong

Jalan Tanah Putih-Jalan Gambang
(from Gambang, after Taman Tas' pedestrian bridge, on the left)
GPS: N03 50.236' E103 20.220'


Ratings:
Presentation: * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * *
Taste: * * * * 1/2
Service: * * *


Overall:






- Ruth

11 comments:

Tailim April 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

wah after seeing your photos of the char siew,,,i m swallowing my saliva...

PerutBesi April 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

->STL: Yeah man! If you ever get to Ktn, MUST TRY YA!!!

J-mes April 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Jom lets go again..its that good that i dun even mind tapauing back to kl

PerutBesi April 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

->J-mes: I also wanna go again!! Tapau not as nice la...fresh & hot is LIP-SMACKING!!!

thule a.k.a leo April 20, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

so it's around Taman Tas area right??? I think that I know where this place is... for a Kuantan born guy like me, I know KL area more than I know Kuantan :P LOL!
But since you are based in Klang Valley, maybe you can try to explore Sunway Mas (Aman Suria area) where you can find equally good char siew at SFS (747) Kopitiam and Famous Seremban Favourites (FSF).. I vouch for these 2 places :) but not sure if they are as good as Bee Hiong.

PerutBesi April 20, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

->leo: You're actually from Kuantan?? I think I'm the other way around from u...I'm PJ-born+bred, but I know Kuantan better than PJ! *sigh* Oh ya, I heard bout FSF! I wanna try it out someday...and I think I should, then I'll tell u which is better k? ;)

Anonymous June 5, 2013 at 10:22 PM  

I was there this afternoon. Very disappointed with the char siew. Hard like rock. They don't look like the one in this photo.

PerutBesi June 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM  

@Anonymous: That's sad....So far I hadn't had any hard-like-rock ones from that stall....

Anonymous June 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM  

@perutbesi, I purposely drove there on the way back to KL from Cherating. My wife was disappointed too and when I requested for half fat and half lean, he said he can't give me all half fat half lean. There are so many char siew in KL taste better than this one. I was expecting the char siew would melt in my mouth but i had to chew like chewing gum especially on the lean cut one.

PerutBesi June 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM  

@Anonymous: Hmm...tht's really sad...I haven't had the chance to try it again this year. It was ok the last time I tried it...nvr experienced such horror...but then again, my post was dated back 3 years ago. Perhaps things changed :S

Anonymous June 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM  

@perutbesi. Ha .. 3 long years ago you ate it. I went to toast and roast at ss2/72 yesterday. The char siew was good. Tasty and it melts in the mouth. The gravy is nice. Siew yoke was lousy. All the staffs are foreigners. When I requested for half fat half lean, he chopped mainly lean char siew. Luckily the last few pieces were half fat and half lean and they really melted in my mouth. Will visit there again only for the char siew. Price wise is like coffee shop's price.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP